Saturday, May 14, 2016

Chinn's Bridal Shower

    Today is the day that we are celebrating Jenny's bridal shower. Kim, Sarah, Tiffany, and I had broken it up so that we all had our jobs for the day. I was in charge of bringing fruit, making a hashbrown dish, bringing flowers, and coming up with one of the games. As easy as that sounds it was slightly stressful on me, which I'm sure has something to do with being a new mom and all. Any small task at the moment feels like a big one! It was planned for the early afternoon so we turned it into a brunch with mimosas and breakfast food. Tiffany did an amazing job of decorating, and even rented a helium tank to blow up balloons. She went above and beyond for sure.
    It turned out to be a very nice shower, but our guests were pretty much nonexistant. It reminded me of my baby shower that my sisters through for me. Nobody RSVP'd and even people who said that they were coming didn't show up. Very rude in my opinion, but Jenny didn't seem to let it get her down. She was having a family shower as well, so I'm sure she didn't mind. I felt pretty bad, because as soon as the shower was over I stayed for a little while to go over the plans for the bachlorette party, but had to get going because I was "filling up" if you know what I mean. (Pumping problems) All around it was really nice to get out of the house, and see some friends without the little guy. As much as I love spending time with him, I need time for myself too.

No comments:

Post a Comment